Skip to main content

THE CONDITIONS OF THE JEWS BEFORE THE NEW TESTAMENT ERA


The experiences that the Jews passed through before the Messianic era can be divided into four events, namely;
1.                   The pre-exilic events: before been taken into exile:
a.       God called Abraham from the Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan
b.      The Israelites sojourned in Egypt for 430 hundred years
c.       Moses led the children of Israel out of Egypt to the Promised Land. The Laws was given.
d.      The Levitical priesthood was instituted
e.      They possessed and shared the land under Joshua.
f.        The time of the judges in Israel.
g.       Israel asked for a king. One united kingdom from the rule of King Saul to King Solomon.
h.      The kingdom divided into two under the reign of King Rehoboam, the son of Solomon.
i.         The first fall of Jerusalem to the Babylonians in 598 BC
j.        Jerusalem, the Southern Kingdom fell to the Babylonian in 586 BC. Both the city and the temple were destroyed. The inhabitants were exiled to Babylon.
k.       Samaria, the Northern Kingdom fell to the Assyrians 721 BC


2.                   The exilic events: that happened while in exile
a.       The talented Jews were taken away into exile.
b.      The Jews were greatly suffering under the persecution and oppression of a pagan king, Nebuchadnezzar
c.       Cyrus the Medo-Persian gave a decree of liberation in 538 BC
d.      The Jews to return during his reign. People returned to Jerusalem with Nehemiah and Ezra the scribe in 458 BC.  
e.      The synagogue developed during the exile.

3.                   The post-exilic events: after returning from exile
a.       The exiles returned
b.      The Jerusalem wall and the temple were rebuilt in 516 BC during the reign of King Darius.  

4.                   The inter-testamental (silent) era events: events that happened between Malachi, the last book of the Old Testament and Mathew, the first book of the New Testament
a.       The 12 apocryphal books were written. No inspired scriptures were received.
b.      The Persian period. (536 – 333 BC)
c.       The Greek period. (333 – 323 BC)
d.      The Ptolemies or Egyptian period. (335 – 205 BC)
e.      The Seleucids or Syrian period. (205 – 105 BC)
f.        Hasmonean or Maccabean period. (165 – 63 BC)
g.       The Roman period. (63 – to the time of Jesus)
                                                               i.      The Jews under the Romans: from Pompey to the death of Herod
                                                             ii.       The Jews under the Romans: from the death of Herod to the fall of Jerusalem 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRAYER TO RECOVER MY STAR

Scripture Reading: Genesis 41 Confession: Psalm 138:8 Aggressive Praise Worship 1.  Unbroken curses, troubling my star, break, in Jesus’ name. 2.  Every evil hand, upon my star, wither, in the name of Jesus.   3.  My star, arise, shine and dim no more, in Jesus’ name. 4.  My star, be invisible in the spirit realm, to every dark observer, in the name of Jesus. 5. Words of witchcraft, attacking my star, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus. 6. Every power of Herod, tracing my star, I bury you now, in the name of Jesus. 7. Every mountain of difficulty, confronting my star, be levelled to the ground, in the name of Jesus. 8. Aggressions against my star, die, in the name of Jesus. 9. Any power, redirecting my star, die, in the name of Jesus. 10. Blood of Jesus, make it impossible for the enemy, to track down my star in the realm of the spirit, in the name of Jesus. 11. I am a shining star, in my generation, in the name of Jesus. 12. Every power, troubling my

PRAYER TO DELIVER LIKE THE HEBREW WOMEN.

Sing Praises Text:  Exo 1:19 The midwives said to Pharaoh, “Because the Hebrew women are not like the Egyptian women – for the Hebrew women are vigorous; they give birth before the midwife gets to them!”  Confession:  Isaiah 66:7  Before I go into labor, I give birth! Before my contractions begin, I deliver a boy! 8Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen this? Can a country be brought forth in one day? Can a nation be born in a single moment? Yet as soon as I go into labor I give birth to sons! 9“Does God bring a baby to the birth opening and then not deliver it?” asks the LORD. “Or does He bring a baby to the point of delivery and then hold it back?” asked my God.  10 Be happy for me and rejoice with me, all you who love me! Share in my great joy, all you who have mourned over me!                                                                          ....ISV Bible PRAYER LINES: Blood of Jesus, speak mercy unto me and the foetus in my womb. Mer

PRAYER TO DEFEATING WITCHCRAFT HORNS.

PRAYERS: * Carpenters of heaven, appear, and destroy every horn, making my head to bow in shame, in the name of Jesus. *Wicked horns of my father's house; wicked horns of my mother's house, making my head to bow in shame, break by fire,  in the name of Jesus. What is a horn? A horn is:  >|a representation of power, dominion, glory, and fierceness. * witchcraft representatives assigned against my life and family, scatter and die * Witchcraft glory in my life, die. *Host of heaven, appear and overthrow every dominion of darkness operating in my life.  >| an instrument of attack *It is written, 'No weapon formed against me shall prosper..', witchcraft instruments formed against me, catch fire. *Witchcraft cauldrons, cooking my destiny, catch fire, scatter *Witchcraft arrows, fired at me, backfire *Every voice summoning me from witchcraft coven, by the voice of the Lord, be silenced. *Witchcraft ropes, tying me down to the same spot, c